Since my STOP THE BINGE post was so popular with you all, I decided to write this post on:
BOUNCING BACK FROM THE BINGE
Many of you have come to me either through e-mail or on instagram saying around the same thing:
Josie, I had a horrible binge, what do I do?
I had a horrible binge, and I can't seem to stop! I've done it ___ times this week! Help!and so many other variations of the above.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!Many of us have been through the same thing! I know that for me and others, it really WAS a binge eating disorder, but for some others it could just be a food control problem, which also needs to be fixed ASAP!
Here's what I USED TO DO after I had binged, that never EVER worked because they set me up for failure and just primed me to binge again, so DON'T DO THESE:
- Fasted the next day/ skipped meals to make up for all the food you had the day(s) prior
- Went VERY strict on clean eating
- Worked out for hours to combat the extra calories
- Felt Guilty & Beat myself up about it
And you know what happened after I did all that?
Why? Because I was freaking restricting my body!
So, what CAN I do to set myself up for SUCCESS? And to NOT binge more in the future??
Here are a few things that I've found work in helping me stay in control after a binge:
- Go back to healthy clean eating the next day [no restrictions, no counting calories, just start the day new, fresh, and healthy!]
- Drink water like a fish! Water naturally purifies your body, so get all those toxins out!
- Drink some kombucha or probiotic drinks to reset your pH levels, or some dandelion tea to help out that liver of yours detox
- Exercise! But don't go CRAZY! Do some weights mixed with cardio to flush out the negatives and give yourself some happy endorphins!
- DON'T RESTRICT - make healthier alternatives, find clean eating substitutions, don't cut out whole food groups
- MODERATION, NOT DEPRIVATION
- CHANGE YOUR MINDSET
The main thing I learned was to NOT cut out foods completely. If you have a craving, try and resist. If you seriously can't, then have a taste! But DON'T have the whole box!
I CAN'T EAT THIS
because your mind will be like
"OH SNAP, then maybe I should eat it all before I start over tomorrow!"
"I CAN have it, I just choose NOT to because it's not good for my body, it won't help me reach my goals, and I CHOOSE to not have it!"
Change your ways of thinking, and you can change a LOT of your actions!
BOUNCE BACK and STOP THE BINGE!
I'll be filming a video soon for my YOUTUBE channel on more tips to Control Cravings/ Stop Binging/Mindless Snacking! So STAY TUNED!