Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cleanse & Juicing

Hello everybodyyy.

How is everyone doing this fine day? Staying on track? Eating clean? Training mean? I hope so!

Remember to tag any fitness or health related things #VMFITYEAR on Instagram so that we can all keep track of each others progress, get food ideas, and learn great new tips or workouts from each other!

So today's post is about

Detox & Juicing


I've been looking into great juice recipes after watching "Hungry for Change" on Netflix, and I wrote a bit about it on some instagram posts in the past! Great info, tons of knowledge, I HIGHLY recommend you watch this great documentary!

After the holidays, I'm sure we all need a pretty good detox! I don't mean starving yourself for a week, drinking only water and tea, and all those other crazy fad diets where you supposedly lose 10 pounds in 5 days, etc etc. I mean detox by totally eating clean good whole foods found from nature, exercising to get rid of those toxins, and STOP letting new toxins enter the body! So no more processed, artificial foods!

Why Detox? Because it helps in burning off fat!!!

"As you burn off body fat, you must also detoxify, because most chemicals are lipophilic (fat-loving) and are lodged in fat cells. If you don't do something to remove these toxins from your body while losing weight, toxins can be reabsorbed into your bloodstream and potentially cause health problems.
Fortunately, your body will detoxify itself if there is no toxicity coming in. Chlorophyll-rich foods such as organic green vegetables, gelatinous plant foods like aloe and chia seeds, seaweeds, chlorella, cilantro and parsley can help with this. Make sure to drink plenty of pure water, as this is essential to your body's cleansing processes. Juicing may also be of benefit. Avoid all chemicals, additives, and preservatives. If a product's shelf life is longer than your life, don't eat it!"
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/24/hungry-for-change.aspx

Why exactly is juicing good for us?

  • Juicing allows us to take in a large serving of vegetables and fruits at one time and can be the key to giving you a radiant, energetic life and truly optimal health. Dr Mercola typically buys up to 20 pounds of raw vegetables per week and juices a few pounds per day. Some people may find eating that many vegetables difficult, but it can be easily accomplished with a quick glass of vegetable juice.
  • Juicing is an easy way to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. This is important because most of us have impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over many years. This limits your body's ability to absorb all the nutrients in an optimal way. Juices go straight to your blood stream which in turn carries all the nutrients to where they are needed the most by the body without further delay as in digestion. 
  • Juicing can help you add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Many people eat the same vegetable salads every day. This goes against the principle of regular food rotation and increases your chance of developing an allergy to a certain food. But with juicing, you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole.
  • Juicing is also an incredibly effective way to cleanse the body, especially green juices! Green juices contain high levels of chlorophyll a powerful phytonutrient which attaches to toxins and heavy metals and helps remove them from your body. It also increases your blood's oxygen-carrying capacity by stimulating red blood cell production.
  • http://www.hungryforchange.tv/juicing
BOOM.
So detoxifying = easier fat loss
Clean foods, healthy nutritious foods, juicing = detoxifying the body

After the holidays I most CERTAINLY need to get rid of some [ok a LOT] of toxic foods I have floating around my body!
NO, I am not fasting for 3 days, no I'm not doing a strict juice cleanse for 3,5,7 days. I'm simply eating clean, but most importantly, I'm going to have a super detox drink first thing in the morning.
In the mornings our bodies are primed to absorb the first thing we consume.

So my daily routine will look like:

Wake up
1. Ginger, lemon juice, Apple cider vinegar, warm water, pinch of cinnamon and cayenne
This drink will be consumed every morning! Ginger has great healing properties, lemon will boost that metabolism, apple cider vinegar is great at detoxing by controlling the bowels and it also controls blood sugar levels and blood pressure along with sooo many other benefits!, water is always great, cinnamon controls blood sugar, and cayenne helps speed up metabolism and targets fat burning!

2. Juice - 4-8 oz
Just bought myself a juicer for a pretty great price at an Asian Market and have been LOVINGGG it!
So many different recipes! And since this is one of the first things you consume in the morning, alll those nutrients are being soaked up and absorbed by your hungry hungry cells! MM LOVING IT
The ingredients may change around but no matter what, it will alwaysss contain PARSLEY and CILANTRO! Why? Because these herbs ESPECIALLY target the removal of heavy toxic metals from your system! I may also add some chia seeds or psyllium husks so that the gelatinous part of it can attach to any toxins floating around inside my body after my longggg [hopefully] 7-8 hour sleep the night before.

If you've been following my IG, You saw one juice I made the other day! I'll post more up when I find better recipes hehe :]

And then from there I'll continue my day as normal! Clean eats, exercise, all that good stuff!

Try incorporating a juice a day! I bet your body will thank you for it!

7 comments :

  1. I love this post. I also just finished watching the Hungry for Change on Netflix and it was great! I need to buy myself a juicer so I can start juicing. I follow you on IG also (NancyB08). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    What lovely post,Thanks for sharing with us,
    Fruits are always beneficial. It contains protein, vitamins and fiber. It helps to keep your body fit and healthy.
    Thanks.
    colon cleanse diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, can you let me know what juicer have you been using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I actuallyyyy got it from an asian market store so it's korean and have no clue what it's called! Sorry!

      Delete
  4. Damn your body looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete