Who knew black beans could be so versatile??
Read more for 2 recipes: Gluten free black bean cupcakes and black bean donuts!
- 1 can of rinsed well black beans (15 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 scoop Muscle Gauge whey isolate in Peanut Butter Flavor (use discount code "vmfitness" at checkout for 20% off!)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 2 TBS vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional sprinkles
- Rinse beans well
- Blend/puree beans with eggs and melted coconut oil
- Mix all wet ingredients together, then add in dry ingredients. MIX WELL!
- Mix in optional sprinkles!
-- grease up your donut pan, pour batter into mold. Should make 12 donuts. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
If making cupcakes:
-- grease up cupcake liner and fill liners with batter (I love using silicone cups!). Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- 1 scoop Muscle Gauge casein protein powder + 1 scoop Muscle Gauge whey protein powder + 5 TBS water
- Mix well together!
- If you don't have casein, mix 2 scoops whey with 1 TBS water a little bit at a time until frosting consistency!
- Frost the cupcakes/donuts after they've cooled!