Thursday, September 27, 2012

My name is VMFitness and I am an addict...

OF NUTBUTTERS!
Peanut butter, almond butter, I'm too scared to try any others or I'll get HOOKED!

So what do I do when I have a jar of nut butter and don't want all those calories? I make a healthier alternative!

You'll need your:
nut butter
almond milk
water
cinnamon & stevia (optional)
empty jar

I usually reuse the jar that the original nut butter came in!
And the measurements are ALL UP TO YOU. No matter how much almond milk or water you add, you'll still be saving calories per tablespoon! If you like a thick consistency, then you add less liquid. If you don't mind it more runny, then add more liquid, and you save more calories.
I usually match the amount of almond milk to water, lets say 1/2 c water, 1/2 c almond milk. 

Let your nut butter get a little warm either by putting the jar in a bowl of warm water or heating in the microwave for a very short time (depending on what the jar is made out of)
Then add in a bit of nut butter at a time in the blender with the rest of the ingredients, so that you don't overload the blender. Once finished, fill your jar!
If you are using a normal sized nut butter jar, add all the measurements of your ingredients into MyFitnessPal in a new recipe, and divide it into 14 servings! You will then get the amount of calories per 2 tablespoons!

Now realize, it won't taste fully amazing like the original nutbutter, but you WILL be saving a lot of calories! Which is just fineee in my book.
Enjoy, all you crazy nut butter addicts <3


2 comments :

  1. Do you think this would effect the expiration date on the nut butter at all because of the added almond milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely might! I would stick to the expiration date of the almond milk :]

      Delete